Nominations are now being accepted from area nonprofits to the Danville Regional Foundation for the upcoming BR Ashby, MD Award for Outstanding Community Service.
This award, in the amount of $50,000, is a general operating grant named in recognition of the exemplary service and selfless leadership of BR Ashby, MD, founding board member and first president of the foundation.
The award honors community service in the region by a non-profit organization based on success in helping needy families and individuals overcome significant challenges.
Past recipients include Caswell Parish (2022), Grace & Main Fellowship/Third Chance Ministries (2021), Just Kids Child Development Center (2020), Danville Speech & Hearing Center (2019), Pittsylvania County Community Action (2018), Caswell Family Medical Center (2017), Danville Cancer Association (2016), God’s Storehouse (2015), Northern Pittsylvania County Food Center (2014), Danville Life Saving and First Aid Crew (2013), God’s Pit Crew (2012), Tutorial based on the Church of Danville Program (2011) and Caswell Parish (2010).
People also read…
Designated nonprofit organizations must be located within the service area – Danville and Pittsylvania County and Caswell County, North Carolina. The prize will be awarded in January at a special event.
Anyone in the community can nominate an organization that they feel has demonstrated a commitment to caring, generosity of spirit and improving the quality of life for area residents. .
The deadline for nominations is the end of the day on September 9.
Applications can be made online at www.drfonline.org. Designated organizations that meet the eligibility criteria will be contacted at a later date and invited to submit a full application.
Eligibility requirements include:
- The nominated organization must be at least 5 years old.
- The designated organization must be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) organization. This may include churches and religious organizations as defined by IRS Publication 1828.
- The organization must be located in the base service area and the majority of its customers and/or programs must be located in the service area.
- Recipients currently funded or committed to receiving DRF funding in excess of $200,000 per year are not eligible.
- Former Ashby Award recipients are not eligible to receive the award again for five years.
Learn more online www.drfonline.org or by calling Senior Program Officer Joshua Hearne at 434-799-2176.