Here’s a chance to help shape the cultural conversation in Vermont. Use your networking skills, program development experience, and love for the humanities to create exciting programs in our growing organization. This position works with team members and community partners to deliver social studies programs statewide. We are committed to using a diversity, equity, inclusion and access lens to fulfill our mission and are looking for an individual who can creatively and collaboratively generate new programs and ideas to expand this vision.
Starting salary range of $44,000 to $48,000
The Community Program Officer serves as the team leader/project manager for programs such as Veterans Book Groups, Literature and Medicine, Speakers Bureau, and Public Reading and Discussion Groups, and also works collaboratively with team members to implement these and other projects. Vermont Humanities is well known statewide for its innovative programs and partnerships, including Vermont Reads, First Wednesday Lectures, Humanities Camps, and Reading Groups. This position also engages in development activities in support of our public humanities programs, including data collection, grant research, writing and reporting, program underwriting, and community meetings and events. fundraising, on demand.
• Continuously prioritize and undertake multiple and diverse program activities, developing and meeting workflow timelines.
• Competence in achieving diversity, equity, inclusion and access goals in programming and administration processes.
• Respond to routine and special tasks in a fast-paced environment with flexibility and willingness to meet project goals and organizational needs.
• Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the program, identify and analyze potential problems.
• Work effectively as a team leader, as well as a team member in a collaborative environment.
• Display creative problem solving for greater programmatic success.
• Serve as an effective public voice for our mission, vision and programs.
• Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Use effective written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and CRM systems and databases
• Demonstrate working knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience required; graduate degree in the humanities or a combination of education and work experience providing comparable knowledge and skills desirable.
• Relevant experience in program planning and event management required.
• Experience in managing and delivering virtual programs preferred.
• Must be able to work both collaboratively and independently.
• Experience and commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Excellent writing and oral skills required; experience in writing grant proposals desirable.
•Ability to represent Vermont Humanities effectively to a wide range of individuals and organizations.
• Demonstrated interest in the humanities and commitment to the work and mission of Vermont Humanities.
• Experience in donor and stakeholder development and fundraising is preferred.
- Competitive salary
- 403(b) pension plan with 6% employer contribution
- Health insurance premium paid 100% by the employer and deductible for the employee
- Dental insurance premium paid 100% by the employer for the employee
- Vision insurance premium paid 100% by the employer for the employee
- Generous paid time off for vacations, holidays and sick days
- Six-week sabbatical after five years
- Group life insurance at no cost to the employee
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance at no cost to the employee
- Flexible schedule including work from home opportunities
- An open and supportive work environment with colleagues who are passionate about our mission
Vermont Humanities is located in Montpellier, but all staff work a hybrid schedule between office hours and remote hours. New employees will receive a computer and other necessary equipment to perform their work remotely and in the office.
Vermont Humanities is an EOE/affirmative action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation in the recruitment and employment of people with disabilities.
To apply for this job, login/register on this website and click on the “POST FOR A JOB” button on this job posting.
Please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae no later than September 19